There is no better teacher than experience. At Troma we do not have internships but Enterprise Observer/Volunteers. College students and young adults who‘ve participated in Troma’s
Enterprise Observer/Volunteer experience agree that the days they spent in “the real world,” outside University doors, were very rewarding. Each semester, Observer/Volunteers
will work with “committed” mentors to gain first-hand experience on the front lines of independent filmmaking.
Troma Enterprise Observer/Volunteer experience serve two goals:
- First, they encourage students’ future involvement in the entertainment industry by acquainting them with the challenges and rewards of an entry-level experience.
- Second, they provide the Troma cooperative with the dedication, energy, and idealism that our Observer/Volunteers bring to their work.
With these goals in mind Observer/Volunteers from communities across the globe have discovered the immeasurable
fulfillment of contributing to Troma’s independent filmmaking, while acquiring significant knowledge,
experience, and career development opportunities.
OUR ENTERPRISE OBSERVER/VOLUNTEERS
Troma Observer/Volunteers are a diverse group of current undergraduate students and recent graduates striving for experience. They come from across the globe, attend public and private colleges and universities, major in subjects ranging from media, communications, theatre and film. Observer/Volunteers span the ethnic, racial and political spectrum. What binds them together is their personal commitment to Troma films and independent filmmaking, exemplifying the creed by Martin Luther King, Jr.: “Everyone can be great because everyone can serve.”
Fun and camaraderie is fostered among the Observer/Volunteers at Troma.
Troma Observer/Volunteers work on diversified projects, develop professional skills and gain knowledge about many facets that have an enormous impact on independent filmmaking.
TROMA ENTERPRISE OBSERVER/VOLUNTEER FAQ
Q: What is a Troma Enterprise Observer/Volunteer?
- An investment in your future!
- A hands-on experience in different job assignments
- Opportunity to explore your career options while building your skills and resume
- A great way to network and gain valuable professional contacts
- A capable start to a career in the entertainment industry
Q: What is the process for becoming an Observer/Volunteer at Troma?
- Download the Troma Enterprise Observer/Volunteer Questionnaire and e-mail with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or send to: Troma Enterprise Observer/Volunteer | 36-40 11th Street | LIC, NY 11106
- Troma will contact you for an interview according to vacancy.
- Candidates do not need to dress up for the interview.
- Please bring a copy of your resume and questionnaire filled out to the interview.
- Accepted candidates will determine a starting date and schedule with Troma’s Observer/Volunteer Coordinator according to availability and education requirements.
Q: What do Enterprise Observer/Volunteers do?
Possible tasks (not all-inclusive):
- Sales and distributions: promotions, retail, marketing research, packing for conventions, and acquisitions.
- Office work: taking out the trash, data entry, typing, cleaning bathrooms, office maintenance and any task leading towards company organization.
- Outside errands: pick-ups and drop-offs, transporting post-production materials to and from storage facilities.
- Production assistance: script supervising, minor art direction and performing for various productions.
- Assisting in all departments: creative writing, graphic art, assisting the editor, screening films, transcribing, giving tours of our headquarters, media and public relations.
- Film Organizing: taking inventories of post-production materials (Music and effects tracks, film prints, various video formats, etc.), cataloging data and materials, lifting and handling delicate materials (film elements).